- 1/2 cup plum sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Monterey Jack cheese (2 cups)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 rounded tablespoonful peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning) (eyeball it)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/4 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup bean spouts, a couple of handfuls
- Palmful cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, 2 ounces
The first thing I prepare for my pizza is the cucumbers so they have time to increase in flavor. Slice up a quarter of a cucumber into matchstick pieces. In a bowl mix 2 tbsp of honey with 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar, cider vinegar will work as well. Place your cucumbers in the bowl and set aside.
Place 2 large chicken breasts in your frying pan and start cooking them. Meanwhile on your 'homemade pizza dough' spread around your 1/2 cup plum sauce, sprinkle 1/2 tsp of red pepper chili flakes over top. Slice up your red peppers and spread on top of your Monterey Jack cheese. I had to sub green peppers on this pizza as I forgot my red pepper on my grocery shopping day.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and place your pizza aside until ready to go in. Chop up your chicken into bite size pieces. Mix together in a bowl 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 2 tsp hot sauce and 2 tsp Montreal Steak spice. Throw your chicken back into your frying pan and stir in your sauce. Keep the chicken hot until it is ready to go onto the pizza.
While your chicken is staying warm on the stove place your pizza in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Check the bottom of the crust, it should be golden brown. While your pizza is cooking prepare the rest of your items. chop up a handful of cilantro, 4 scallions (green onion) and chop up a 1/4 cup of peanuts. ( I prefer to sprinkle sesame seeds on top of my pizza instead of the peanuts)
When your pizza comes out of the oven spread your chicken on top. Spread 1 cup of bean sprouts, your chopped cilantro, scallions and peanuts (if using). Slice it up and get a piece quick cause it ain't gonna last!