What are you looking for? Type it here

Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Banana Coconut Bread

Okay, okay. I know, I have been MIA these past few days but this week has just been one of those weeks where I have had no desire to cook or bake. Last night my husband was searching the house for baked goods so I told him I would make something today. So right now as we speak I have a banana coconut bread in the oven. 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oil
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 mashed ripe bananas
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup shredded coconut

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees




In your mixer, mix 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup oil


Add your eggs, 1 one at a time and mix after each egg


Pour in 1 tsp vanilla and mix


Add your 3 ripe bananas and mix together until the bananas are well blended


In another bowl combine, 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt. Stir until combined


Add 1 cup of shredded coconut and mix


With your mixer on low, slowly pour in your flour mixture and mix until the flour is combined with the banana mixture


Your batter should look like this


Grease a loaf pan and pour in your batter. Try to make it as even. Place your banana bread in your preheated oven for 60-70 minutes. Now we wait because my loaf is still in the oven... do do do do do do do, do do do do do... Okay I thought that you would realise I was singing the jeopardy theme song but it actually just looks like I am saying "do".
After 30 minutes I covered my loaf with aluminium foil to prevent the top from browning more. At 60 minutes I checked it with a toothpick but it needed about 7 minutes longer.


Uh oh.... Something has happened and I am not able to upload any of my photos so You aren't getting anymore photos on this post:( oh well at least I got this many:)

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I recently just started a youtube Korean food channel, EasyKoreanFood, where you can learn how to make fast & easy Korean food! It would mean the world to me if you could check it out because I'm just starting out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love banana bread. I will have to try this.

    The Old Fat Guy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...